Ecole supérieure d'art des Pyrénées - Pau Tarbes is a higher state art school with top-class training courses, recognized degrees at an European and international level, up to Master’s degree level. ÉSA Pyrénées is accredited by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. The school welcomes about 300 students each year and prepares them for national diplomas in plastic arts, up to Master of Arts Degree.
Students at ÉSA Pyrénées can benefit from :
- a high-quality teaching program, provided by professional and recognized artists or graphic designers and theory teachers;
- freely accessible technical workshops (photo studio, video, computer graphics, ceramics, etc.) under the supervision of specialist technicians;
- close and individual support throughout the study program;
- an excellent place to study: city-center location, the mountains on one side and the sea on the other, only 2 hours from Bordeaux and Toulouse, near Spain, under 250 km from Zaragoza and 135 km from Bilbao;
- a high-quality artistic and cultural environment: ÉSA Pyrénées has developed several artistic partnerships with local, national and international structures (for example: contemporary art centers in Pau and Tarbes, Escola de Cerámica de la Bisbal in Spain, etc.). This enables students to get involved in internships and various artistic projects.
At Pau campus, the Graphic Design and Multimedia study option is the only art option in France which brings together artists and graphic designers. Its objective is to train professionals who combine artistic culture with knowledge of technical constraints.
At Tarbes campus, the Art and Ceramics study option provides teaching, open to all forms of practice. Emphasis is placed on the ceramic medium through a technical ceramic workshop and the expertise of professional art teachers.